Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Webinar

Last week I tried to attend my first "Webinar" experience, in other words an online interactive seminar or class. The first point of frustration I had with trying to find a webinar to attend was that I had a lot of trouble finding one to attend, I did a lot of searching and kept coming up with ones that have already happened, or ones that were scheduled for a month from now.

I finally found one that dealt with using a wiki in the classroom, which I thought was a great one to attend since we have been talking alot about wiki's in my graduate class. I followed the link to the webinar, which immediately brought me to an introduction video dealing with who the presenter was for the session. This is where it got confusing again, I tried to sign in on the chat page, and answer the survey that was being conducted on the page and it would not let me participate in either....that is when I figured out that this was actually a replay of a webinar that had already been conducted. At first I was bummed out about this since it was not an actually webinar that I could be active in, but as I watched on I found it to be a really great class and I am very glad I stuck around and watched the video webinar.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to see a Webinar. The interactive element of a live wiki is a great feature. I hope your next experience has chat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott! I wonder if you and I saw the same one.

    I was bummed, too, that it had already happened. I can't stand just sitting there and not being able to contribute. It felt like high school all over again: all the cool kids hanging out, and me off to the side.

    *suddenly, Freddie feels the need to call his therapist*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott-Keep an eye on edweek.org. That is where I viewed my webinar. I didn,t see any upcoming events on music education. However I did find several articles pertaining to music and music composition. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete