Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I have been thinking about how I, as a teacher, would appropriately address the diverse needs of all learners by using learner-centered strategies and providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources (NETS*T4b).

The great thing about the way I am trying to design my Interactive Board Music Project, is that I truly believe it is completely learner-centered, which fits well with this topic. The good thing about the interactive boards is that it forces the students to get up and be a part of the learning...and the teaching. No longer are they stuck at their seats just listening to a lecture about how a major scale is designed, or how to label the form of a piece of music, but now they can be an active part of that discussion. I can have students come to the board and move musical notes around on the staff to build the scale that we are talking about and then have them check the work by having the computer play the scale through the Sibelius notation software and have everything happen at the students' fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment