Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Missing standard?

Well....here we are, I am entering into the final weeks of my Graduate Course.  If you have been following my blog you already know that I have been focusing on the National Educational Technology Standards for teachers over the last 10 weeks.  As I have been reviewing my blog posts I realized that somehow I skipped over standard #3 and I would like to address that this week.

NETS*T3 is focused on how a teacher should Model Digital-Age Work and Learning.  When it comes to this standard I would like to focus on 2 indicators:

c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.


One thing that I have really enjoyed learning about during my Graduate Course has been all of the multiple ways that I can use new technologies to communicate with my students and parents.  Jim has taught us many different ways to use Edline (which I already use to some extent).  We have learned how to use various applications through Google, Blogs, and Wikispaces.  



  d. model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning


Even in a music class I feel that I have a responsibility to help teach students how to effectively research information.  This year I have had my students complete a few research projects using computer applications such as NetTrekker.com.   I feel that this is a great way to model to my students a highly effective way to complete research for any subject.

1 comment:

  1. Scott,

    I'm glad that you feel like you've learned a lot of different communicative technologies throughout the course. I have never been on nettrakker.com, so I'll have to check that out! :)

    ReplyDelete